In the ever-evolving world of technology, programming has become an essential skill, and it’s never too early for teachers and principals to start exploring. Platforms like Scratch and devices like Micro:bit have played a significant role in introducing programming to students in both primary and highschool in a fun and interactive manner. However, as students turn 14 in age, they seek more progress and seek more advanced programming experiences. As per our experience speaking to over 30+ teachers and education leaders they have often wondered: “What’s next?”
Meet CodeEasy – an ambitious and innovative programming platform designed specifically for high school students.
In this blog post, we’ll delve into CodeEasy - A teaching platform in programming based on AI and stories for gymnasiums to assist teachers. Let’s discover why it holds tremendous promise as the next step in your students' coding journey.
The CodeEasy platform is designed to bridge the gap between introductory coding tools and more advanced programming languages. It builds upon the foundations laid by Scratch and Micro:bit, providing an intuitive transition for young programmers ready to take on new coding adventures.
1. Textual programming: CodeEasy introduces the students to real programming language like C#. By transitioning from block-based programming to textual programming, learners gain a deeper understanding of advanced programming concepts, yet keeping it simple to understand.
2. Story-Based Learning: CodeEasy familiarises the students with programming concepts through an adventure story. This way of story-based teaching helps students easily transition from basic programming to advanced programming levels. Psychologist Jerome Bruner’s research suggests that facts are 20 times more likely to be remembered if they’re part of a story.
3. Task-Based Learning: CodeEasy emphasizes task-based learning, encouraging students to undertake challenging tasks that foster problem-solving skills and creativity.
4. Personalized Learning: CodeEasy is built upon a vision to personalize the programming education for each student. It aims to understand students’ unique strengths and weaknesses, allowing teachers to focus on individual needs and ensuring students learn at their own pace. As seen on Forbes and many others.
5. Collaborative Environment: CodeEasy promotes collaboration by allowing students to collaborate using its Community. It allows meeting like-minded people and getting help from other students/teachers to solve a task or learn. We very much agree with Rise.
Additionally, CodeEasy firmly believes that diversity and inclusion are crucial aspects of education, and the solution is tailored to address these values while promoting SDG 4, which focuses on quality education and the use of efficient systems for teachers.
Now you know what CodeEasy is and why it’s essential once students finish Scratch and Micro:bit. But if you haven’t come across Scratch and Micro:bit yet, let’s find out about it, Shall we?
Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at MIT Media Lab. It’s a block-based programming environment that simplifies coding concepts, making them accessible to children as young as eight. It enables young students to create interactive stories, games, and animations, fostering creativity and logical thinking.
Similarly, the Micro:bit, a small programmable device, introduces physical computing allowing children to write code to control lights, sensors, etc. Its simplicity and hands-on approach have made it a go-to tool for educators seeking to teach programming engagingly.
Scratch and Micro:bit undoubtedly lays a solid foundation. But to educate your students with more advanced concepts and take them on greater programming challenges, there is a need for a platform that bridges the gap between introductory tools and professional programming languages. Recognizing this need, CodeEasy was developed to empower teachers with a more comprehensive tool and a top-notch programming experience for high school students.
After basic programming awareness, platforms like CodeEasy can take students to the next step in their programming journey. By making programming fun, accessible, and relevant, CodeEasy equips students with the skills and motivation needed to succeed in the tech industry. As the platform continues to evolve and integrate AI technology, the future of programming education looks brighter than ever, with CodeEasy leading the way.
Interested in learning more about CodeEasy? Register here for a free demo account? We have made it simple; it takes only 25 seconds to register! Yes! We did time it so we gave you the exact seconds it took to register 🙂 so we can save your time! Well after all CodeEasy is all about saving time for you as a teacher!